William Barcroft Junior School is committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare of all our pupils.
To achieve this, we have systems in place which are designed to:
- Create and maintain a safe learning environment.
- Identify child welfare concerns and take appropriate action.
- Use the curriculum to enable our children to develop keep safe strategies.
- Operate safer recruitment and selection procedures.
All staff have a responsibility to safeguard our pupils however the main point of contacts at the school are:
- Sarah Sargent, Principal and Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Gemma Baggott, Behaviour, Attendance and Welfare Officer
Should you have any safeguarding concerns about your own child, or any of our children at William Barcroft Junior School, please make contact with the school or other appropriate agency details of which can be found below:
William Barcroft Safeguarding Contacts:
Local Authority Safeguarding Contacts:
Sources of support and information
Child protection – national
- NSPCC helpline:
0808 800 5000
- Child Law Advice Line:
08088 020 008
- Africans Unite Against Child Abuse (AFRUCA)
0844 660 8607
Bullying – national
Mental health – national
- Young Minds:
0808 802 5544
- Mental Health Foundation:
020 7803 1100
0845 766 0163
Parents’ support – national
Sexual harm and sexually harmful behaviour – national
- Stop It Now!
0808 1000 900
- The AIM Project (for children with sexual behaviour problems):
Internet safety – national
- ChildNet International:
- Child Exploitation and Online Protection:
0870 000 3344
- Internet Watch Foundation:
- Think U Know:
0870 000 3344